Sunday, April 29, 2012

Digital Citizenship

I feel it is very important to teach digital citizenship.  However, I feel if we teach citizenship globally the digital piece will be included in that.  Growing up my parents taught me that a good person does not lie, cheat, steal or disrespect.  I took those words as gold!  If only our society would too we wouldn't have to teach citizenship so blatantly.   That saddens me.  I digress.
Digital Citizenship as well as citizenship itself has to be taught throughout the areas of learning.  Not only how you treat others, but also how others treat you. Learning how to be safe in society to today and what to do  when you feel unsafe.  Thank you to all who posted the resources on our wiki page.  Although I can not truly use them for preschool they will be welcomed resources if I am bummed up in the grade levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment