Monday, March 26, 2012

Chapter 3

While reading and exploring Chapter 3 Effective Instructional Models, I became very interested in web quests and the free resources I could access and use.  I am saddened though because much of what we have been assigned to explore and do is very difficult for Preschool/Kindergarten.  I did have difficulty opening some of the dinosaur videos on the BBC link.  I did however enjoy the dinosaur web quest.  It reminded me of a social studies computer game we use to play called Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.  I feel as though this would really intrigue my son as he gets older.

2 comments:

  1. I will not be surprised if a version of Where in the World comes out for the iPad. I loved playing the series. I also liked Oregon Trail. I don't know if you remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, with the iPads now available, as well as iPods, you will begin to see appropriate resources for your grade level. Plus, with digital storytelling, you can now self-author your own appropriate materials that do not require the students to have reading skills. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete